Parent Information for Camps
What to send to Camp.
- Two Snacks, lunch and drinks for each day
- Small water bottle for hydrating during outdoor activities.
- Hat and sunscreen. Parents must fill out the Permission to Apply Sunscreen form.
What not to send to camp.
- No cell phones, iPods, Games, Jewelry, Cash or other valuables. (Unless specified in camp description)
Hours of camp.
- M- F: 9am – 4pm
- Regular Pick-up is 4pm
- Pre-Camp begins at 8am ($25/week)
- Post-Camp ends at 5:30pm ($35/week)
Preferred Camp Apparel
Please keep in mind that most camps have outdoor components and may include a recess period. Sandals & Flip Flops are not recommended.
- Inappropriate language will NOT be permitted.
- Fighting, teasing, bullying or any intimidation by anyone is strictly prohibited–and is cause for dismissal from camp.
- Good Sportsmanship is always expected.
- Please leave all cell phones at home, as campers are not allowed to use them during camp.
- Campers are expected to treat each other, the staff and the facility with respect.
- Terrific Scientific is not responsible for personal belongings brought to camp. Please label all of your child’s items, such as lunch box, water bottle, etc.
- Campers must bring their own lunch, drinks, and snacks each day. Please do not send items that must be heated in the microwave oven. Also, we no not have refrigeration at most locations, so a cold pack included in the lunch box is a good idea. Due to food allergy concerns, please refrain from packing peanut butter or other nut products.
Health and Safety:
- In order for our camp staff to administer medication to your child at any time during camp, you and your child’s physician must complete the “Authorization of Medication Form“.
- Medication must be sent to camp in its original bottle. The medical authorization form can be downloaded from our website.
- If your child is ill and will not be attending camp, please notify our main office at 800-974-3510, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Our camps are a Nut Free Zone. Please do not send items containing nuts to camp.
- Please do not send your child to camp if he/she is not feeling well.
- If your child becomes ill during camp, we will use the emergency contact numbers you have provided.
Full refunds will be given until April 1st. A 75% refund will be given between April 2 and May 31st.
No refunds will be made after June 1st. All registration cancellations will incur a $25 fee to cover our administration and registration fees.